Carrying a baby is one of the most amazing things in the world and having a maternity session is a great way to capture this wonderful time of your life. Below I’m sharing a few things to keep in mind while planning your maternity session.
- Maternity photos are usually done between 28 to 36 weeks but everyone is unique so we can plan whenever you feel comfortable.
- The session can take place either in the comfort of your own home or in an outdoor setting depending on the vision you have for your session. In home sessions are cozy, intimate, and have a personalized feel. They offer a great way to easily take contrasting poses with your baby during a newborn session. Outdoor sessions are fun, relaxed, and add natural beauty of the surroundings.
- A long dress or a cozy sweater is always a great options for a maternity session outfit. For in home lifestyle session I recommend selecting softer, lighter tones, and more muted shades. It’s best to keep your outfits simple and free of mixing patterns.
- Feel free to bring a little extra something with you. For example fresh flowers add an extra “wow” factor to just about everything. If you like floral crowns I know a great local florist that I can recommend.
- Keep in mind that we will be taking lots of photos of you holding your belly so getting your nails done might be a nice touch.
I hope that you will find these tips helpful. I cherish my maternity photos so much and I am excited to be able to capture this special time for my clients!