Last weekend when we were making bread for the week I decided to practice natural light photography and photographed the processes of making this super easy homemade whole wheat bread. We always get lots of great comments when friends and family try our homemade bread so I thought why not share it with you all :).
- 400g (3 1/8 cups) Bread Flour
- 200g (1 3/4 cups) Whole Wheat Flour
- 400ml (1 3/4 cup) Warm Water
- 7g (2 1/4 tsp) Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Flex Seed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Mix both of the flours together.
3. If you are using a stand mixer, add most of the flour to the mixer bowl, leave about 1 cup to add later. Add the salt and yeast and begin mixing. If making by hand, mix the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mix the honey with water.
5. Slowly add 3/4 of the water and honey mix to the mixer as it’s mixing on speed 2.
6. Add the oil to the dough and add the rest of the water.
7. Add the rest of the flour gradually until the dough is no longer sticky.
8. Allow the mixer to kneed the dough for 4 minutes. If making by hand, light dust a flat surface with flour and kneed the bread by hand for 4 minutes.
9. (Optional) Add the flex seed (or other grains) and kneed for 1 more minute.
10. Take the dough out of the mixer and place it in a baking pan.
11. Allow the dough to grow until it is double the size or above the pan (time depends on how warm it is, warmer temperature will rise faster).
12. Coat the top of the bread with a light dusting of flour and bake the bread for 30 minutes.
13. Enjoy the bread fresh, or slice it and freeze it to keep it fresh longer.
Latest posts by Agnieszka (see all)
- C Family-Iron Mountain Michigan Family Session - September 5, 2018
- K Family-Chicago Lifestyle Family Photographer - September 1, 2018
- Baby Theo and Baby Adeline-Seattle Twin Lifestyle Newborn Photography - June 23, 2018